Working with a Kitchen Remodeler? Five Trends to Avoid to Keep Your Remodel Current Longer
Working with a kitchen remodeler and designer can be exciting, and it may become tempting to try out all of the latest trends in design. However, while it may be fun to have a kitchen that looks like it came straight out of your favorite magazine for a while, you may quickly regret your decision to go as trendy as possible after a few years have passed. In order to get the most out of your investment working with a kitchen remodeler, avoid these five trends to keep your remodel current for longer.
- Appliance Garages. These nooks feature a cupboard that moves up and down to house your blender, toaster, and other appliances may have been big for the past several decades, but they’re quickly going out of style.
- Farmhouse Sinks. Rustic and deep, farmhouse sinks have been all the rage for the past couple of years. To ensure your sink never goes out of style, go for a stainless steel one instead.
- Colored Appliances. This retro look may be big now, but in a few years you may ask yourself why a lime-green stove and fridge were ever a good idea.
- Pot Racks as Focal Points. Although pot racks hanging from the center of your kitchen are still in right now, their popularity is waning.
- The 4-Inch Backsplash. Instead of going for a thin line of tile around the top of your counters, go for something more classic, like a tile design that completely covers the area above your stove.
The next time you meet with your kitchen remodeler, stick with classic styles, like granite countertops, hardwood floors, and other features that will remain functional and stylish for years to come.
Looking for a kitchen remodeler in Altamonte Springs FL? Contact us at Kitchen and Bath Plus. We offer quality products & services at fair prices, and would be glad to answer any questions you may have regarding your home improvement project. Give us a call today.